When I was a kid I would wake up early on Saturday mornings and whip up a batch of blueberry muffins to share with my parents when they woke up. I would load my plate with three or four at a time then cut them in half and slip a bit of butter into each one.
I now eat them more as a dessert treat and still savor every crumb. What I love most about these muffins is the crunchiness on top and the softness in the middle. This recipe is super easy to make and you likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup almond milk (or other vegan milk)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in almond milk and olive oil.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into paper cups in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
What was your favorite Saturday morning breakfast as a child?